Educational Programs & Cultural Activities
Culture is the widening of the mind and of the spirit. –Jawaharlal Nehru
Storrier Stearns Japanese Garden hosts numerous cultural events and educational programs for its visitors throughout the year.
Over 1,700 people attended these programs in 2013, most at our cost or for a minimal donation.
- Recycling and composting classes
- Instrumentalists: Piano, Harp and Japanese Koto and Shakuhachi
- Dance and theatre performances
- Origami and ikebana demonstrations
- Lectures and book signings
- Presentations on the ritual and meaning of the Japanese tea ceremony
Our Garden is Your Garden.
We are committed to preserving the serenity and natural beauty of the Storrier Stearns Japanese Garden for you, our community.
Through our many cultural and educational programs and activities we are striving to encourage more community involvement and regular enjoyment of this exquisite garden and to promote awareness of its importance as a significant historic treasure.
270 Arlington Drive
Pasadena, California 91105
Wellness & Enjoyment
A beautiful and charming retreat with a quiet and tranquil elegance.
Come alone or bring family and friends to the Storrier Stearns Japanese Garden for Open Days: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and the Second and Last Sundays of the month. Closed on Thanksgiving day but will be open Wednesday, Friday and Sunday of that week. Closed the last Sunday of December. Open Day hours are 10am to 4pm.
The garden can also be reserved by clubs and organizations, nonprofits and school groups, for structured activities, docent led tours or to simply relax and enjoy the beautiful grounds and serene setting.
- Plein-air painting and photography
- Poetry reading and writing
- Yoga and Tai Chi
- School field trips and family outings
- Leisurely strolls
- Health and wellness
- Quiet contemplation and reflection